Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Anyone can join!
This week’s top ten list features what we want to see more of in books…here’s my list:
1. Country setting/characters. I live in the middle of nowhere, so something like this would make me feel right at home.
2. Parents who are NOT absent. I come from a loving family where my parents are together, so when I read books where the parents hate each other, aren’t together, etc. it kinda depresses me.
3. Time travel. Do I really need to explain this one? Gimme Dr. Who, but for YA.
4. Non-human characters. But vampires and werewolves are overdone, so maybe angels and demons?
5. Main characters with an ailment. And I don’t mean a cold, I mean something that sticks with you…like arthritis.
6. Suzanne Collins. Can you PLEASE write more books pronto?
7. High school struggles and clubs. Specifically a newspaper club, but I’m a sponsor for one where I work and it’s brutal getting high schoolers to focus.
8. Literary retellings. This is something that bothers me if it isn’t done well. But I’m all for a modernized version of a Shakespeare play or something else.
9. Transition between high school and college. You know that summer after you graduate high school, but before you begin college? I’d like to read a good book that deals with that.
10. Male POVs. I’ve read a few, but there don’t seem to be many in the YA world.
Whew, that took a lot more thought than I imagined. What are some things you all have on your reading wishlist? I’m curious!