Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Anyone can join!\
This week’s top ten list centers around the reasons why we love being book bloggers and/or readers. There are so many reasons why I love being a book blogger and countless reasons why I love being a reader, so narrowing all of those reasons down into just 10 is going to be tricky…
1. I love being a book blogger because it has given me a self-esteem boost. Yup, you read that right, my book blog has given me a self-esteem boost. Do you know how absolutely happy it makes me feel to know that there are people out there who read what I have to say AND sometimes like it? It’s such an amazing feeling. Plus, having over 100 followers? I might pass out.
2. I love being a reader because it has allowed me to live multiple lives. When you read, you become the main character. This allows you to live their life. Reading many books allows you to live many lives. That to me is so awesome.
3. I love being a book blogger because it has given me a chance to voice my thoughts. Often, when I go on and on about a book in real life, people don’t usually care. However, when I voice my thoughts online, look out world, book lovers want to know!
4. I love being a reader because it has provided me with a break from the technology world. I love computers, and TV, and music, and yadda yadda, but there comes a time when you need a break from it all. Reading provides me that break every day.
5. I love being a book blogger because it has exposed me to so many awesome books. If it weren’t for being a book blogger, I would never have known about so many amazing (YA) books. Sure, Goodreads does a good job at promoting some, but definitely not all. Book blogs do that.
6. I love being a reader because it allows me to escape from reality. This goes along with point 4, but sometimes you just need that little escape, even if it’s brief.
7. I love being a book blogger because I have met so many amazing book bloggers because of it. Never in a million years would I have thought I could have actually made connections with people through a blog, but I have and it’s fantastic! I love hearing from them and reading what they have to say.
8. I love being a reader because reading gives me so many ideas and lets my imagination run wild. One of these days, I plan to write my own YA book. Reading YA books has provided me with so many ideas and thoughts; not copying ideas, but it has jump started my thought process a lot more/faster than if I didn’t read.
9. I love being a book blogger because being one has allowed me to create something. I still have a long way to go before I’m truly happy with how my blog looks, but it has certainly come a long way from when I started. I’m pleased with its appearance at the moment, but do plan to better it.
10. I love being a reader because reading is amazing! Seriously, what explanation do you need for why you like reading? It’s so awesome and I love every minute I get a chance to read.
Okay, so what are some other reasons for why we love to be book bloggers and readers? Let me know!