Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Anyone can join!
This week’s theme focuses on things we all have on our bookish bucket list. Hmm, what DON’T I have on mine? Well, here are my top ten:
1. Meet some of my favorite authors. Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Kresley Cole, Sarah Dessen, John Green, the list could go on forever! I’ve already met David Baldacci, Victoria Schwab, Stephanie Perkins, and Megan Shepherd, so I’d love to keep adding to my list!
2. Attend BEA. I want to go to this so much! I was planning to go this year, but SOL testing takes place at the school I work for during those dates, so I wouldn’t be able to go. Drat!
3. Become more involved in my blog. As of right now, I mostly do Top Ten Tuesday, book reviews, and the occasional discussion (whenever I think of a topic). I want to become more involved, as there are so many things I could be doing.
4. Read more of a variety of a book (not just YA). There are so many awesome books outside of the YA world, but I never read them because I’m so focused on YA. Time to expand.
5. Read 75+ books every year. I think this will be more doable once I’m done with graduate school and no longer have to worry about assignments.
6. Write a YA book. One of my major life goals is to write a YA novel. Not sure what it would be about, if it would be a standalone or part of a trilogy/series, but all I know is I want to write one.
7. Write a children’s book. Going off of the last one, I would love to write a children’s book. There’s so much freedom with how this can be done…plus, I really want to write a book about cats (is that weird?)
8. Read at least one HUGE book in my lifetime. That seems so miniscule, but seriously think about it…how many people can say they’ve read War & Peace? Not many, because it’s so big!
9. Work in a bookstore. Sure, I have a job as a librarian right now, so I’m surrounded by books all the time. However, I’m thinking way in the future, when I’m retired from full time working and just want something to do (I can’t imagine sitting home all the time).
10. Have some sort of bookish room in my future home. Pinterest has made me want this more than anything. Have y’all seen some of those amazing bookish rooms on there?!?
Isn’t this just amazing?!?
So what do y’all have on your bookish bucket list? Let me know!